Saturday, September 29, 2012

Austria

So we visited Austria in two chunks. The first time we went was a surprise from our bus driver. During our stay in Munich, he told us he had to take us to the most beautiful place on earth. He took us up into the Austrian alps to a place called Auchensee-Tirol. It truly is one of the most breathtaking vistas I have ever seen. I am so glad we got this surprise!


(Quintessential when I think of Austria)


(The two pictures above are at the lake at Auchensee-Tirol)

After we left Germany we got to spend a day in Salzburg. This is a quaint Austrian town that we mostly spent the day walking around and exploring. On our walk through town we saw some sights where the Sound of Music was filmed, Mozart's birthplace, and had some good chocolate.




For this picture we had seen some stairs and decided to explore where they went. Some of the group went ahead and after they didn't come back for a while the rest of us followed. It was a bit of a hike (at least more than I had planned on), but it took us to this view overlooking all of Salzburg. Definitely worth it!
Now it is on to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment