Where did August go? And June and July for that matter? The summer
has absolutely flown by and I find myself back in the Tanner building once
more. So what ended up happening with my summer?
- Classes
- Denver with Beta Alpha Psi (an accounting fraternity)
- Park City
- Sewing
I had plans to put up pictures of my sewing creations so maybe
those will appear in a post soon.
The theme of August has been change. I got called as Relief Society President
in my ward which has been one large adjustment. It has been a humbling, but
wonderful experience thus far and I look forward to serving.
Second huge change was switching jobs. I got a job as a student secretary
for the School of Accountancy so I left the Recorstration which has been
my second home ever since I came to BYU. It was a good change, but there
are definitely people there that I will miss.
The last one is not really a big change, but I am now in the MAcc program
here at BYU and it is weird because they keep calling us graduate students -
not quite used to that yet. I am so excited to be back with my accounting
friends and the amazing faculty! They make me excited to learn and dig in.
It will be a tough semester, but full of tons of opportunities.
I think I need to just start a section of every post dedicated to BYU sports
since they always manage to come up. Here are the exciting updates:
- Brandon Davies is back on the basketball team!
- Jackson Emery's and Tyler Haws' little brothers both committed to BYU to
play basketball. They are awesome!
- I got a ticket to Jimmer's All-Star game! I couldn't resist to see him one more
time! Also he is engaged to his long-time girlfriend.
- BYU Football starts in 2 days!
- Women's soccer is doing well and their games are a blast to go to!
For the most part coming back to real life is not too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment