Saturday, June 12, 2010

Washington DC

So this last week I have been in Washington DC with my family for our big summer vacation. I have been to DC a couple of other times and LOVE it! This time was a little different since I ended up planning most of it and getting us all over the city. Before when I had gone it had always been on tour busses so I didn't get to see the city, but this time we did some walking and took the metro everywhere. I love this city! The buildings are not crazy tall like other
big cities, but it still has the big city feel. It is so pretty and there is tons to do and there are so many other cities so close. I can't wait to come back! Hopefully for an internship next summer or the one after. I had done/seen most of what we visited, but a couple were new. Here are some pics. One day we visited the monuments and Arlington National Cemetery.



Took a tour of the White House.I hadn't ever done this before so it was pretty cool.



One of my favorite things is visiting the Capitol Building. It is a gorgeous building with so much rich history. We also went to the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress.



We went to the Smithsonians. We also went on tours of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing - where they make the money and visited the Holocaust museum. So much to see!
This one is with Julia Child's kitchen in the American History Museum.

We went to a few art museums and there were some pictures and especially modern art pieces that I recognized from my music/art class at BYU this last semester. It was cool in a nerdy way to know and recognzie some of these pieces.


Our last day we went to Ford's Theater where Lincoln was shot and also visited the National Archives and the documents there. It has been a great trip so far and I am sad to leave, can't wait to get back. Now we are going to Williamsburg, VA for a week. We are going up to Gettysburg and then to Mt. Vernon on our wayto Viriginia. Then we'll visit Busch Gardens, Watercountry USA, Norfolk, Jamestown, Yorktown and Colonial Williamsburg. On to new adventures!



2 comments: