Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summertime

So I moved home a couple weeks ago and I always feel like I am
in limbo for a little bit. I miss friends, jobs, and the fun of Provo
and just being a college student. Then I come home to living with
siblings and working essentially all the time. I need to find another
job though so I can actually save some money this summer. I have
seen a couple of summer goal lists and I made one for this summer:

1. Run a 5K - registered for the Freedom Run in Provo on the 5th of July.
Part of this will make me workout nearly everyday - another goal.

2. Read good books - currently reading Wuthering Heights. I plan on
reading Rough Stone Rolling (about Joseph Smith), John Adams, and Hunger
Games. I'm open for any other suggestions.



3. Hike the B - I've lived in Brigham my whole life and never done it.

4. Find some cool hobbies. Everytime peopel ask what do you like to do my
answer includes something about BYU Sports, music, and books. I would like
to learn some cool skills. This brings me to number 5.

5. I currently only have one job and that leaves me home all day. This was good
to unpack and nice to relax after school, but I want to learn some new skills.
Maybe cooking, sewing, crafting, photography I don't know for sure, but this is
also open for suggestions!

6. Enjoy the summer! Maybe go on a little road trip or just go enjoy the
weather with a picnic and a good book.

Some of the events of the summer I am looking forward are a two week trip to
Washington DC and Williamsburg and a week in Park City to just chill.

Other GREAT news: Jimmer is back! Next year will rock!


Hopefully I'll reach some of my goals and keep updating on my progress.
Maybe that will give me some sense of accountability.
Back to the real world in little old Brigham.

2 comments:

  1. This list is incredible! I'm so excited for all of your goals.

    Also, I'm very happy Jimmer will be returning.

    July 5th will be awesome! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we hike the B together? I haven't ever either! ha...and also..I am so excited to picnic..this Winter has definitely given me a deeper appreciation for Summer!

    ReplyDelete